Then...wow. Let me just start this next part of the story by saying that my stereo, while nice "consumer grade" is NOT "audiophile-level". My power amp is high-end late 80's JVC. I scrimped and saved and got it when I graduated high school. My CD player is a Goodwill special Sony 5-disc platter, my turntable an early 70's handbuilt Pioneer, and my speakers pioneer CS-911. The other matching JVC stuff I bought in 1989 is long burned out and gone. However, the amp has been a faithful, stable, strong friend that has been used countless hours and pushed hard. So....I have noticed some 'problems' with it's output lately. Bear in mind, I have been running it hard and long. Likely between Friday afternoon and Saturday it ran 20 hours. Not even counting Sunday...so...I was worried, but I needed a new Grado needle for my turntable, so I went to Fred's Sound of Music on Hawthorne. There, the sales guy drew a diagram for me to troubleshoot the system....
So...this week will be the troubleshoot of the system. Also, we chatted about a new system...oh man...I am giddy with what can be had these days.
Also, the market manager, Amanda (who shall remain annonymous), and our friends Elaine and Paul (who shall also remain anonymous) were talking about my 'cat blog' talking about all the cat pictures I put up....so...no more cat pictures.hahaha I am going to act like they aren't around.
So, back to my day...after a bit of time at the stereo shop, I took some pics of the new bathroom paint.
Pleasant.
I also did some garden harvesting and cooking of the dinner...
Course 2: Kale salad with Simplicity Gardens garlic. Also has capers and raisins.
Eaten while watching the documentary 'Pearl Jam: Twenty'. See the mid-90's look of Stone Gossard (L) and Jeff Ament (R).
Also, I finished some repairs to my Epiphone Dot. Got this super cheap a year or so ago from Guitar Crazy. Bob there sold it to me for less than $100, since it had all sorts of electrical issues. He knew I like to tinker...so...Finally got it all done. New pickups, new chrome parts to replace the ugly black ones...and...now...she...rocks. Sounds great, nice thick neck. So, we'll call it an Epiphone Dot 'CUSTOM'.
...and here's Leo...I forgot to mention in the blog that I had an epiphany of sorts while at work last week. I was folding some laundry, and I came up with the greatest band name ever. Here it is.
Well, that about sums up my day.
Here was my soundtrack:
New York Dolls-New York Dolls
The Police-Ghost in the Machine
Henry Rollins-The boxed Life (spoken word)
Pearl Jam-Twenty (soundtrack)
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers-Hypnotic Eye
Motley Crue-Shout at the Devil
Also I played guitar for about 2 hours. Just put the iPod on random and picked out songs to play with/learn. I think, with my trusty wah pedal, that I figured out the intro to "Let's Get it On" by Marvin Gaye.
No comments:
Post a Comment